What´s MCM and AWG (area) an how to confvert it´s on others

Disscussing old, rare, very specific or otherwise uncommon units and measurements

Moderator: convert-me.com

What´s MCM and AWG (area) an how to confvert it´s on others

Postby Diego » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:08 pm

:shock: Ples help me if you have a table of convertions. Thanks...!
I leave here my mail daltube2000@yanoo.com.ar

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:22 pm

AWG is most likely American Wire Gauge, used for electrical wiring. You can Google for conversion tables that give you diameter of the wire, ohms per foot, or per thousand feet, etc. Conversion tables to diameter in millimleters, ohms/meter, etc are also available.

MCM is thousands of circular mils, an odd way of specifying the cross-sectional area. The factor of pi/4 is built into the definition. Take the diameter in mils (thousandths of inch), square it, move decimal three places and you have MCM.

9000 amp how many mcm would i need

Postby cbraun7 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:48 am

9000 amps how many mcm do i need

Return to Exotic units

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions