does anybody know what psia is

Don't know how to calculate the area of your garden or circumference of a pond? Ask your question here.
Forum rules
Dear forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

does anybody know what psia is

Postby Student » Thu May 12, 2005 10:13 pm

Hi there,

I came across the value psia, i think it is a psi but with a different meaning.
Does anybody know what it is?

Postby Guest » Thu May 12, 2005 10:34 pm

psi-gauge. Pressure is measured either "gauge" or "absolute."

Gauge is pressure is pressure relative to the current atmospheric pressure, which is about 14.7 psi at sea level.
Absolute pressure is measured relative to vacuum, and is typically about 14.7 psi higher


Postby student » Sat May 21, 2005 10:58 pm

aah, now it makes sense to me, thanks very much.

More info

  • List of all units you can convert online
  • Metric conversion
  • Convert pounds to gallons
  • Convert grams to cups
  • Grams to milliliters
  • Imperial vs US Customary
  • History of measurement
  • Return to Calculating things

    Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions