nutrition in homemade recipes?

You are welcome to suggest new categories, units and conversion calculators to be added to Convert-Me.Com
Forum rules
Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

nutrition in homemade recipes?

Postby maridonax » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:42 pm

Is there an easy way to figure out nutrition in homemade recipes? I am type one diabetic and pregnant. It is vital that I know exactly how many carbs I consume. I have been trying a lot of homemade recipes but have a hard time figuring out nutrition info because some are in ounces others in cups and then I combine them all. Is there a website to enter all the info in that will calculate it up for me?
Last edited by maridonax on Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
maridonax

Re: nutrition in homemade recipes?

Postby Dirtman » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:04 am

maridonax wrote:Is there an easy way to figure out nutrition in homemade recipes? I am type one diabetic and pregnant. It is vital that I know exactly how many carbs I consume. I have been trying a lot of homemade recipes but have a hard time figuring out nutrition info because some are in ounces others in cups and then I combine them all. Is there a website to enter all the info in that will calculate it up for me?

I came up with this site: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp. You can build a recipe and check nutritional information for individual ingredients or for the entire recipe. This looks like it should be ideal for what you want to do.

If this site doesn’t do what you want, run a Google search with the keywords, "nutrition calculator for recipes". You’ll get lots of hits.

George
Dirtman
Expert

Postby therine » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:47 pm

What is considered good nutrition for a horse? I need to know about maintenance nutrition, sporting or working nutrition and energy feeds, and gestation/lactation nutrition for a horse. I prefer holistic methods if possible but any information would do.
therine

Postby fedrik2287 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:14 pm

Dirtman wrote:
maridonax wrote:Is there an easy way to figure out nutrition in homemade recipes? I am type one diabetic and pregnant. It is vital that I know exactly how many carbs I consume. I have been trying a lot of homemade recipes but have a hard time figuring out nutrition info because some are in ounces others in cups and then I combine them all. Is there a website to enter all the info in that will calculate it up for me?

I came up with this site: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp. You can build a recipe and check nutritional information for individual ingredients or for the entire recipe. This looks like it should be ideal for what you want to do.

If this site doesn’t do what you want, run a Google search with the keywords, "nutrition calculator for recipes". You’ll get lots of hits.

George

Hey it really useful to me
Thanks for sharing such a nice information.
fedrik2287

Postby HertZer » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:41 am

Recipes from cookbooks provide how many cups or tablespoons or teaspoons or ounces or pinches we have to put in every ingredient. But for more information about the said matter, you can try logging on at the following links:
* caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php
* http://www.healthrecipes.com/
* http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition- ... ade-recipe

These sites will somehow help you figure out what is the perfect recipe for you.
HertZer

Postby ChristinaLogan » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:39 pm

Nutrition is highly identifiable from the back portion or in anywhere located the calories and nutrition facts. If you're keen enough to consider and be conscious about this, surely, nutrition is of your own hands. Regulation is always the key.
ChristinaLogan

Postby MeeMa » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:06 pm

Hi,
I too had the same problem with finding some kind of software to convert my own recipes into nutritional facts. Cooking in my house can be difficult. I was border-line diabetic, and was diagnosed with ciliac desease a few years ago. so, it's one thing to find diabetic, and another to find gluten free. Most foods in stores available are either bla bla bla nasty aftertasting or extremely expensive. I spend a quite a while on the internet trying to find an inexpensive program to do some recipe calculating, as I now have gained customers for my baked goods. Going gluten free also is great for diabetics. I found this program I recently downloaded

http://www.recipecalc.com

and it is free for 20 days, and then if it suits your needs, you can puchase it for only $24. It is easy to use. If there is an ingredient that is not listed, your need to find all the nutritional information about that ingredient yourself, and add it easily to your ingredient list to use for further usage. You can then print out and or save your recipes and nutritional value information. Happy baking! If you ever want to share a few recipes, you can reach me though my website http://www.nothingbutatees.com
MeeMa

More info

• List of all units you can convert online
  • Metric conversion
  • Convert pounds to gallons
  • Convert grams to cups
  • Grams to milliliters
  • Imperial vs US Customary
  • History of measurement
  • Return to Suggestions

Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions