Shore D scale to Rockwell C

Disscussing old, rare, very specific or otherwise uncommon units and measurements
Forum rules
Dear forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

Shore D scale to Rockwell C

Postby Globalman129 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:44 am

For large rolls, Russia has accepted the Shore D scale as a standard to give hardness measurement...they have many scientific articles explaining how they came to the conclusion that their decision is the correct one. No where can I find the conversion from Shore D to Rockwell C scale...can anybody help? Thanks
Artin Chatmajian
Comal Italia

Postby Dirtman » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:54 am

There is no direct conversion between hardness scales as each hardness test is different and specific. Google your query for Shore D (Scleroscope) and Rockwell C and you'll get lots of websites and may find an approximate conversion.
Posts: 574
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:04 pm
Location: California

More info

  • List of all units you can convert online
  • Metric conversion
  • Convert pounds to gallons
  • Convert grams to cups
  • Grams to milliliters
  • Imperial vs US Customary
  • History of measurement
  • Return to Exotic units

    Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions