conversion for circumference of a .025" square

Questions and answers on how to convert things from one unit or system to another
Forum rules
Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

conversion for circumference of a .025" square

Postby jake » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:45 am

What is the circumferernce of a .025" square peg?

The term 'circumference' is reserved for circles. The perimeter of a square is 4*side or 0.100"

If you circumscribed a circle about the peg, that circle's circumference would be 0.111"

What is the formula used to get .111?
jake

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:22 am

The diameter of the circumscribed circle is the diagonal of the square 0.025^sqrt(2).

The circumerence of circle is c = pi*d, where d is the diameter given by above.

Not sure my response got merged into your post.

If you are wirewrapping 0.025 wirewrap posts, the length of a turn will be somewhere between the two as the wire is deformed. It does not perfectly surround the post, nor is it the circumscribed circle.

More info

• List of all units you can convert online
  • Metric conversion
  • Convert pounds to gallons
  • Convert grams to cups
  • Grams to milliliters
  • Imperial vs US Customary
  • History of measurement
  • Return to How to convert?

Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions