Need to find acridge!

Questions and answers on how to convert things from one unit or system to another
Forum rules
Dear forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

Need to find acridge!

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:44 pm

I have a propertay that is 220ftX472ftX442ftX530ft and I'm trying to find out the acridge for that. Any help would be great thanks.

Postby Dirtman » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:00 am

To find the area of an irregular shaped property such as this, you need the diagonal measurement from one corner to the opposite corner. This will divide the property into two triangles. The areas of these two triangles can then be calculated using Heron's formula and added together.

You can find this measurement by:

1) having the angle of at least 1 corner and the sides lengths in order from that corner. either clockwise or counterclockwise (state which).

2) looking at the boundary survey of the property, which lists the bearing and distance of each property line.

3) accurately measuring the diagonal line.

Posts: 574
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:04 pm
Location: California

More info

  • List of all units you can convert online
  • Metric conversion
  • Convert pounds to gallons
  • Convert grams to cups
  • Grams to milliliters
  • Imperial vs US Customary
  • History of measurement
  • Return to How to convert?

    Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions