USA to UK weights.

Questions and answers on how to convert things from one unit or system to another
Forum rules
Dear forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

USA to UK weights.

Postby pyeth » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:19 pm

found a great recipe but I am having a bit of trouble wiht the conversions. I have managed to figure out (if I am right) that 2/3cup is 6.2 fluid ounces, and that 8fluid ounces is 1 cup, but what is the difference between a fluid and a dry ounce?
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:05 pm

Postby spider » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:38 pm

The fluid ounce is a unit of volume and the dry ounce, or simply an ounce is a unit of weight.
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:57 am
Location: United States

USA to UK weights

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:10 am

Thank You :)

More info

  • List of all units you can convert online
  • Metric conversion
  • Convert pounds to gallons
  • Convert grams to cups
  • Grams to milliliters
  • Imperial vs US Customary
  • History of measurement
  • Return to How to convert?

    Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions