acre inch/week to gallons per acre per day

Questions and answers on how to convert things from one unit or system to another
Forum rules
Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

acre inch/week to gallons per acre per day

Postby anotherjeff » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:34 am

Hi, I've been unsuccesful in my attempts with trying to do the following conversion: acre inch/week to gallons per acre per day

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
anotherjeff

Re: acre inch/week to gallons per acre per day

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:50 am

anotherjeff wrote:Hi, I've been unsuccesful in my attempts with trying to do the following conversion: acre inch/week to gallons per acre per day

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

1 acre-in/week x 43560 ft^2/acre x 1ft/12 in x 1week/7 days = 518.57 ft^3/day

518.57 ft^3/day x 1728 in^3/ft^3 x 1 gallon/231 in^3 = 3879.18 gallons per day (27154 gallons per week)

Where did the acres go in the formula

Postby anotherjeff » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:55 am

Sorry if this is dumb.

1. What happened to the acres in the gallons per acres per day?

2. Maybe I'll understand better if a number was tossed in there. What if it was 201 acres at 1 acre inch per week converted to gallons per acre per day.

A previous answer was 3879 gallons per acre per day but I'm not sure if that's correct.

Once again, thank you so much.
anotherjeff

Re: Where did the acres go in the formula

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:07 pm

anotherjeff wrote:Sorry if this is dumb.

1. What happened to the acres in the gallons per acres per day?

2. Maybe I'll understand better if a number was tossed in there. What if it was 201 acres at 1 acre inch per week converted to gallons per acre per day.

A previous answer was 3879 gallons per acre per day but I'm not sure if that's correct.

Once again, thank you so much.

An acre-inch is a volume of water (as is gallons) whether applied to 1 acre, 1" deep, or many acres, shallow.

I don't understand if you are applying 1 acre-inch to the entire 201 acres or to each acre. I assume to each acre as 1" of water per week everywhere seems about right, although I know more about watering my grass than farming. So I think you are using 201 acre-inches/week. Just multiply.

More info

• List of all units you can convert online
  • Metric conversion
  • Convert pounds to gallons
  • Convert grams to cups
  • Grams to milliliters
  • Imperial vs US Customary
  • History of measurement
  • Return to How to convert?

Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions