One ton conversion to square cubic feet - weight to area

Try to post your problem here, there is a chance, someone clever will help you.
Forum rules
Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

One ton conversion to square cubic feet - weight to area

Postby MoonRisePromise » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:41 am

A one-ton truck carrying a full load of limestone rock sized 3/4 inch to dust will cover how many square cubic feet about 3 inches thick?
MoonRisePromise

Re: One ton conversion to square cubic feet - weight to area

Postby Knight » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:09 am

MoonRisePromise wrote:A one-ton truck carrying a full load of limestone rock sized 3/4 inch to dust will cover how many square cubic feet about 3 inches thick?
You'll need to get your units straight first; Square cubic feet is meaningless. I think your looking for square feet, about three inches thick...

You'd need to find the bulk density for limestone rock, single screened at three inches in order to solve this problem.
Knight
Expert

how to convert cubic meter into square meter

Postby siddhesh » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:01 pm

nos length B Depth Volume
1 2.26 2.13 0.23 1.107

How would I convert the above volume which in cubic meter into square meter
siddhesh

Postby Ken Chevy » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:03 am

MoonRisePromise wrote:A one-ton truck carrying a full load of limestone rock sized 3/4 inch to dust will cover how many square cubic feet about 3 inches thick?

If you are talking about just square feet of coverage at 3" thick, crushed up Limestone is about 1500kg (3300 lbs) per Meter³, so hauling about .8 Yard³ which would weigh about 2000 lbs would give you an area coverage of about 9.3' x 9.3' x 3" thick.

Materials weight:

http://www.simetric.co.uk/si_materials.htm
Ken Chevy
competent

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:45 pm

Knight wrote:
You'll need to get your units straight first; Square cubic feet is meaningless. I think your looking for square feet, about three inches thick...

You'd need to find the bulk density for limestone rock, single screened at three inches in order to solve this problem.

You are right, of course, about the units. I did finally get it straight (with some help), ordered the rock, and am enjoying my terraced gardens and rockbed below. I thank you for the time you took to respond. It is appreciated.

mary sue :D

Conversion problem

Postby Latifa » Sat May 12, 2007 5:48 am

On the packages of food, give some reasons why the volume in cubic centimetres is not equal to the number of millilitres.
Latifa

More info

• List of all units you can convert online
  • Metric conversion
  • Convert pounds to gallons
  • Convert grams to cups
  • Grams to milliliters
  • Imperial vs US Customary
  • History of measurement
  • Return to Other math problems

Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions