HELP getting frustrated

Try to post your problem here, there is a chance, someone clever will help you.
Forum rules
Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

HELP getting frustrated

Postby shellcanada » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:44 am

I am needing help on teaching my 12 yr old how to convert

2500cm3=____________mL

___________L

how do we convert centimeters cubed into millilters and liters and grams and kilograms?

thanks

this is in canadian
shellcanada

Re: HELP getting frustrated

Postby convert-me.com » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:49 am

shellcanada wrote:I am needing help on teaching my 12 yr old how to convert

2500cm3=____________mL

___________L

how do we convert centimeters cubed into millilters and liters and grams and kilograms?

thanks

this is in canadian

cm3 and milliliter are in fact the same. So 2500 cm3 = 2500 mL.
Prefix "milli" always means 0.001 for any unit. You can find the list of metric prefixes handy. So 1 mL = 0.001 L, i.e. L = 1000 mL.

The same prefix rule works for grams and kilograms. Prefix "kilo" means 1000, so 1 kilogram = 1000 grams.

As for converting from liters/milliliters into grams/kilograms, there is no direct conversion since the former are units of volume and the latter are units of mass. Similar volumes of various substances may weigh differently. For example one liter of water is much lighter than one liter of mercury.
convert-me.com
Site Admin

Differance

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:48 am

so how does that differ from before?:?

Thanks

Postby Sean » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:36 pm

I'm 13 with busy work 8H Science HW and thanks for the help cus I would have been up all night![/b]
Sean

advanced conversions

Postby ChemNerd » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:53 am

im in high school chemistry, and we convert grams to milliliters/liters by using moles. you just go from milliliters/centimeters cubed to liters by dividing by 1,000 and do a simple conversion using 22.4 as a conversion factor because there are 22.4L in one mol.
ChemNerd

Re: advanced conversions

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:16 pm

ChemNerd wrote:im in high school chemistry, and we convert grams to milliliters/liters by using moles. you just go from milliliters/centimeters cubed to liters by dividing by 1,000 and do a simple conversion using 22.4 as a conversion factor because there are 22.4L in one mol.

True, for an ideal gas at STP (standard temperature and pressure). What do you do for other conditions, or for liquids and solids?

While the ideal gas law is useful in many practical situations, I hope they teach you it's limitations. For pressures in hundreds of atmospheres, or near the temperature at which the gas liquifies, errors are substantial for real gases.

still confused!

Postby need help! » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:55 pm

so how do u convert 100cm3 into L??

please help!!!!! i'm so lost :(
need help!

Postby Guest » Tue May 01, 2007 2:58 am

well, Like he said: 100 cm3 is 100ml
there is a 1000ml in a L so: 1ml= 0.001 L

Therefore: 100 ml = 0.1 L

so: 100cm3 = 0.1L
200 cm3 = 0.2L
1000 cm3 = 1L

Postby Guest » Thu May 03, 2007 5:25 am

Stirctly speaking 100cm^3 is not 100ml
1 cubic centimeter is acually 0.999972ml. I am in year 13 right now studying chemistry and this was sumthing that we got drilled into us (not littereally :P)
small mistkles like that can lead to large error values later on in the calculations

Postby Leopold Plumtree » Thu May 03, 2007 9:05 am

Anonymous wrote:Stirctly speaking 100cm^3 is not 100ml
1 cubic centimeter is acually 0.999972ml. I am in year 13 right now studying chemistry and this was sumthing that we got drilled into us (not littereally :P)

What was "drilled" into you was info that is over 40 years out of date.
From 1964 to present, 1 litre is defined as exactly 1 dm³, making 1 mL exactly 1 cm³.
Leopold Plumtree

conversions

Postby flower » Fri May 16, 2008 5:44 am

how do we convert cm cubed into grams?
flower

This was great help!

Postby nattybug23 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:54 am

Thanks so much to this site! I really understand conversions! Thank you so much! :lol: :D :wink:
nattybug23

More info

• List of all units you can convert online
  • Metric conversion
  • Convert pounds to gallons
  • Convert grams to cups
  • Grams to milliliters
  • Imperial vs US Customary
  • History of measurement
  • Return to Other math problems

Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions