calculate

Try to post your problem here, there is a chance, someone clever will help you.
Forum rules
Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

calculate

Postby wood » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:27 am

I need help to calculate the amount of wood required. My room is 43ft x 15ft in between 90mm(W) of timber I need to fill 5mm of timber strips. How much of 5mm material do I need to order.
wood

Re: calculate

Postby Dirtman » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:37 am

wood wrote:I need help to calculate the amount of wood required. My room is 43ft x 15ft in between 90mm(W) of timber I need to fill 5mm of timber strips. How much of 5mm material do I need to order.

Need a little more information. Are you adding these 5mm strips to the floor or the walls? If walls, we need the wall height.
Dirtman
Expert

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:50 pm

I need to install 5mm(W) wood strip inbetween 90mm(W) solid wood It is for flooring Tks.

Postby Dirtman » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:34 pm

Anonymous wrote:I need to install 5mm(W) wood strip inbetween 90mm(W) solid wood It is for flooring Tks.

I figured it was flooring but you never know.

I’ll give you SI units as mixing units is difficult. You can convert back if need be.

Converting to meters:
43 ft * 0.3048 ft/m = 13.1064 m
15 ft * 0.3048 ft/m = 4.572 m
90mm / 1000 mm/m = 0.090 m
5mm / 1000 mm/m = 0.005 m

13.1064 m / (0.090m + 0.005m) = 138 (5mm strips) * 4.572 m long = 631 m of 5mm stripping (2070 ft of 5mm stripping)

No waste is calculated so order extra. Regardless of the direction it’s laid (longitudinal or laterally), the amount of the material is the same but you need to pay attention to the spacing at the edges to keep them equal. The spacing will change depending on which direction it’s laid.
Dirtman
Expert

Postby wood » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:33 pm

Dirtman tks for yr help. I'm very happy to rec'd your formula.
wood

More info

• List of all units you can convert online
  • Metric conversion
  • Convert pounds to gallons
  • Convert grams to cups
  • Grams to milliliters
  • Imperial vs US Customary
  • History of measurement
  • Return to Other math problems

Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions