volume

Try to post your problem here, there is a chance, someone clever will help you.
Forum rules
Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

volume

Postby pat » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:46 am

is there a volume measurement.......tk
Alton Brown uses it in a measurement for water. How much is it?
pat

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:59 am

Google says it's an error. Or at least Google found this message. It points to corrected recipes on his web site:
http://dhassler.com/snipsnap/space/start
Cookbook Typos
I went to make the brownies out of Alton Brown's "I'm Just Here For More Food" cookbook, and couldn't figure out what tk meant in the water recipe. As it turns out, there is a long list of corrections for this cookbook (tk was a placeholder for later edits I guess). Anyways, be sure you apply all the corrections before trying any of the recipes!

Link to corrections (scroll down): http://www.altonbrown.com/pages/bookit.html

A few more similar messages at various sites.

Postby guest » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:14 am

The link to Alton Brown's page of correction no longer is available and I've been searching the net to find out what 'tk' means in his brownie recipe. Can someone please tell me!? Please!

Alton Brown's cookbook corrections

Postby Visitor » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:13 pm

As mentioned above, "tk" doesn't appear to have any measurement relevance and is only an editing error.

Try the Good Eats fan page / Alton Brown Fan Page/ Errors link.

(Sorry, can't seem to paste html for some reason)
Visitor

More info

• List of all units you can convert online
  • Metric conversion
  • Convert pounds to gallons
  • Convert grams to cups
  • Grams to milliliters
  • Imperial vs US Customary
  • History of measurement
  • Return to Other math problems

Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions