travel miles vs km, plus cost

Try to post your problem here, there is a chance, someone clever will help you.
Forum rules
Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

travel miles vs km, plus cost

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:07 am

hey there all, well here i am stumped: ok i got a 40gal tank, that travels 400miles. but i have to travel 1352 km, gas price is 84.9, so what would be my over all price for the trip

Re: travel miles vs km, plus cost

Postby Dirtman » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:48 pm

Anonymous wrote:hey there all, well here i am stumped: ok i got a 40gal tank, that travels 400miles. but i have to travel 1352 km, gas price is 84.9, so what would be my over all price for the trip

With the cost of a gallon of gas at $0.849 per gallon (unless it's liters?), this must be homework. First, convert to like units. Since this problem is probably in U.S. customary units, convert metric (km) to U.S. (miles):

1352 km = 840 miles

If you go 400 miles on 40 gallons, divide for mpg: 400 miles / 40 gallons = 10 mpg

So: 840 miles / 10 mpg = ? x the cost per gallon
Dirtman
Expert

Postby ludmila » Thu May 14, 2009 12:14 pm

How do I travel from Berlin airport to our hotel? A friend and I will be arriving at Berlin Tegel airport and we will need to get to our hotel: art'otel berlin mitte, by park plaza. I think the address is: Wallstrasse 70-73, Berlin D-10179, Germany. Could anyone advise what our travel options are? Also any tips to make our visit a good one? We already have an idea of things we want to see. Thanks for your help!
Last edited by ludmila on Sun May 17, 2009 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ludmila

Postby Dirtman » Thu May 14, 2009 1:40 pm

ludmila wrote:How do I travel from Berlin airport to our hotel? A friend and I will be arriving at Berlin Tegel airport and we will need to get to our hotel: art'otel berlin mitte, by park plaza. I think the address is: Wallstrasse 70-73, Berlin D-10179, Germany. Could anyone advise what our travel options are? Also any tips to make our visit a good one? We already have an idea of things we want to see. Thanks for your help!

Call the hotel and ask about a shuttle. If no shuttle, a taxi comes to mind. Ask when you disembark the aircraft, someone will point you in the right direction.
Dirtman
Expert

More info

• List of all units you can convert online
  • Metric conversion
  • Convert pounds to gallons
  • Convert grams to cups
  • Grams to milliliters
  • Imperial vs US Customary
  • History of measurement
  • Return to Other math problems

Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions