mg to cc or ml conversion help please!

Try to post your problem here, there is a chance, someone clever will help you.
Forum rules
Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

mg to cc or ml conversion help please!

Postby smokray » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:04 am

Hello, I'm trying to convert something that has me confused! It's a tricky one and hard to figure out.

I have a pill that is used for fish tapeworm that has 140 mg of active ingredient in it. I found it cheaper as a liquid but it has a filler in it. Here's what I have so far.

Needed: 140 mg dosage.

On the 1 Quart bottle it says: 11.6% is the active ingredient and the 88.4% is filler.

When I contacted the manufacturer they said:

There is 1 lb of active ingredient per 1 gallon. If you have a 1 quart container, that would be .25 lbs or .11 kgs.

How do I know how much of a dose out of the Qt. in cc or ml or ounce (liquid measurements) will equal 140 mg of active ingredient?

Easy answers are greatly appreciated since I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed sometimes! :wink:

Thanks so much for any help,
Susie
smokray

More info

• List of all units you can convert online
  • Metric conversion
  • Convert pounds to gallons
  • Convert grams to cups
  • Grams to milliliters
  • Imperial vs US Customary
  • History of measurement
  • Return to Other math problems

Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions