mcg liquid to cc liquid

Don't know how to calculate the area of your garden or circumference of a pond? Ask your question here.
Forum rules
Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

mcg liquid to cc liquid

Postby guest » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:04 pm

I have a 20 micrograms liquid medicine which needs to be adminstered using cc syringes. How many cc's liquid is in 20 mcg liquid. Said another way, how many cc's do I need to draw off to get a 5mcg dose out of a 20 mcg vial?

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:47 pm

Well, 1/4 of the cc's in the vial.

20 mcg is about the size of a fly crap. The total contents are MUCH more than 20 mcg, but 20 mcg of active ingredient are dissolved in enough liquid to allow accurate dosing. There should be some "strength" indication on the bottle that tells you how many micrograms of active ingredient are dissolved in 1 cc or 1 mL of contents.

With that, you can figure it out yourself. Without it, we can't help. If it is not on the bottle, talk to the pharmacist, doctor, vet, whatever.

mcg liquid to cc liquid

Postby guest » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:36 pm

Ok, I understand now. :oops: I got confused there. The vial contains 0.5mL liquid by volume, with a concentration of 20mcg. I need 1/4 of this 0.5mL (or 5mcg) drawn off by a syringe. So how many cc'c do I need to draw off this 1/4 of liquid by volume?

Re: mcg liquid to cc liquid

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:24 pm

guest wrote:Ok, I understand now. :oops: I got confused there. The vial contains 0.5mL liquid by volume, with a concentration of 20mcg. I need 1/4 of this 0.5mL (or 5mcg) drawn off by a syringe. So how many cc'c do I need to draw off this 1/4 of liquid by volume?

cc and mL are EXACTLY the same thing.
0.5 ml/4 = 0.125 mL = 0.125 cc
Hopefully, you have a small syringe suited to low dosages.

Postby momwithattitude » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:38 am

1 ML is the same as 1 CC.....so 100 mcg is equal to 1cc or 1 ml. 20 mcg equals 0.2 cc, et...
momwithattitude

Postby Sean83 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:47 am

What I want to know is the syringe says one ML or one CC does that mean that all the numbers by tens like 10 20 30 40 are all milliliters or are those the micrograms? If I have to give myself a dosage of 100mcg is that the entire 1ml syringe
Sean83

Postby kdawg81 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:46 pm

I realize this is a very old thread but I felt compelled to post to correct some very dangerous inaccurate info being given out. 100 mcg is NOT equal to 1 ml!!!! 100 mcg is equal to .0001 ml and 1 ml is one MILLION micrograms. You're going to kill someone giving out such erroneous information.
kdawg81

Postby razzle » Tue May 20, 2014 5:41 am

Thanks, I knew something was way off. Appreciate your time correcting this conversion.
razzle

More info

• List of all units you can convert online
  • Metric conversion
  • Convert pounds to gallons
  • Convert grams to cups
  • Grams to milliliters
  • Imperial vs US Customary
  • History of measurement
  • Return to Calculating things

Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions