1.25 Milligrams to Milliliters

Don't know how to calculate the area of your garden or circumference of a pond? Ask your question here.
Forum rules
Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

1.25 Milligrams to Milliliters

Postby lollapalooza » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:34 am

I suck at Math. Man, I really suck at Math.

And I need help with it! What a suprise :D

I am administering a med to a pet. The dosage is 0.25mg/gram and he is 5 grams, so that is 1.25 miligrams of the medicine. I have a eyedropper with ML listings on it. How would I get 1.25 milligrams to milliliters?

Thanks for your time to help me.
lollapalooza

Postby Mike Wright » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:27 pm

The answer depends on the density of the medication. If it was water then 1 gram = 1 ml.
1mg = 1/1000th of a gram = 0.001g so 1.25mg = 0.00125g = 0.00125ml.
However I have to say that this is a VERY small volume indeed (about one millionth of a litre), so something doesn't seem right. I'd check with your vet.

One thing that looks odd is the size of your pet, 5g is very small (less than 1/5th of an ounce). If it is really 5kg (about 11lbs) then the answer would be 1000 times greater, i.e. 1.25ml.

Don't forget I am assuming that the medication has the same density as water, which may not be true, so please check with the vet.
Mike Wright

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:20 am

The answer is incorrect as it fails to take into account the concentration. The medication would have been a certain number of gm per 100ml (w/v).

More info

• List of all units you can convert online
  • Metric conversion
  • Convert pounds to gallons
  • Convert grams to cups
  • Grams to milliliters
  • Imperial vs US Customary
  • History of measurement
  • Return to Calculating things

Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions