pumping water in Mongolia

Don't know how to calculate the area of your garden or circumference of a pond? Ask your question here.
Forum rules
Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

Postby peterrhodes » Wed May 23, 2012 5:15 pm

Hi all I am a volunteer in Mongolia building houses for the poorer people in this country. My problem/question is - we have a water supply via pump which delivers 1.11 litres per sec and we need to pipe it across level ground for 400 meters and then attach 6 taps for washing and construction purposes. What size pipe is required to give us reasonable pressure.

Due to money issues we cannot afford to experiment by trial & error so if you could help us with this the people of Turrech village will be very grateful.
peterrhodes

Postby peterrhodes » Thu May 24, 2012 4:57 am

Please read my previous post as my question did not appear. I need to know what size pipe would I need to get water 400 meters across flat ground which will then be split into 8 taps for personal washing in a food dining area and for construction use. The pump delivers 1.1 liters per second. Can it be done???? Many thanks to all, in advance
peterrhodes

Re: pumping water in Mongolia

Postby Kevin » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:53 am

Assuming there is no flow back you should be able to use any size pipe within reason. That is if the pipe can hold reservoir water. Simply changing the size of the nozzle/ spout at the end should alter your psi. The smaller the hole at the end the more focused the water the higher the apparent pressure.
Kevin

More info

• List of all units you can convert online
  • Metric conversion
  • Convert pounds to gallons
  • Convert grams to cups
  • Grams to milliliters
  • Imperial vs US Customary
  • History of measurement
  • Return to Calculating things

Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions