confused

Don't know how to calculate the area of your garden or circumference of a pond? Ask your question here.
Forum rules
Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

confused

Postby justavinalarf » Tue May 10, 2011 2:39 pm

Hi all, I work for a drilling company and am trying to calculate the load we are subjecting stillsens to? Hope someone understands my Question.

Drill rig with engine running at 3000rpm will give me 3000psi hydraulic pressure to rotating head motor. When we are pulling out of a hole, and removing each section of drill tube/rod my drillers are clamping the rod with 48" stillsens and then using hydraulics in reverse rotation to break-out (disconnect) each section of tube. I think i am aware there are many variables in regards to combined length of rods down hole, engine horsepower etc or i am barking up the wrong tree more likely... Is there a particular formula to calculate the kg force being applied to stillsens or someway to work this out??? Needless to say there are safer methods and we have hydraulic foot clamps and jaws in place on all sites for this task. However i am an expat working in Indonesia and it is very hard to get some people to change or police on-site procedures and constantly having replacement stillsens ordered. I mean no disrespect to locals and can afford replacement tooling, i just want them to understand what sort of force they are using before someone gets hurt or worst.

Thanks in advance for any info on this subject from brighter sparks than me, im sure you are many. lol :D
justavinalarf

Re: confused

Postby robertR0931 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:13 am

I am not really sure I am 100% on what you are looking for here. What exactly do you mean by kg of force? I am not sure if you misspell or I just didn't read it correctly but that whole sentence just confuses me more...without the background can you repost just using the numbers you already have and X which is the number you are looking for
robertR0931

More info

• List of all units you can convert online
  • Metric conversion
  • Convert pounds to gallons
  • Convert grams to cups
  • Grams to milliliters
  • Imperial vs US Customary
  • History of measurement
  • Return to Calculating things

Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions