litres to tons?

Don't know how to calculate the area of your garden or circumference of a pond? Ask your question here.
Forum rules
Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

litres to tons?

Postby gemmsong » Tue May 03, 2011 5:53 am

Hi
Could someone help me with a conversion please?
I'm trying to find out how many 60L bags of compost would be equal to one ton of soil?
Any help would be great.
Many thanks
gemmsong
gemmsong

Re: litres to tons?

Postby robertR0931 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:17 am

This is the formula to convert from liters to tons (water) is:

X liters * cf = Y tons (water)

X = the specific value to be converted (in liters)
cf = the conversion factor from liters to tons (water)
Y = the result (in tons (water))

I hope this answers your question.
robertR0931

Postby Arina » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:41 am

Hello Guys i Agree with Robert but i have some information about this ......
metric ton is a unit of weight and liter is a unit of volume. To convert between the two, you need to know the density of the substance that you are trying to convert. :? :? :?
To begin the conversion, enter the density figure for your substance, or choose one of the approximations from the list of liquids, materials, metals or woods .What you say about it . :roll: :roll:
Arina

Postby shayanjameel08 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:55 pm

Litre is a unit of measure for volume while a tonne is used in measuring mass. The two units can only be related given the density of the substance in question. For example since the density of water is about one kilogram per cubic metre and therefore one tonne would be equal to 1000 litres.
shayanjameel08

More info

• List of all units you can convert online
  • Metric conversion
  • Convert pounds to gallons
  • Convert grams to cups
  • Grams to milliliters
  • Imperial vs US Customary
  • History of measurement
  • Return to Calculating things

Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions