figure pipe slope in degrees,ft. inches,decimals

Don't know how to calculate the area of your garden or circumference of a pond? Ask your question here.
Forum rules
Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

figure pipe slope in degrees,ft. inches,decimals

Postby kamann » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:35 pm

i have a pipe that is 10' 0 1/8'' long horizontal and has a 5/16'' rise. how do i figure my degree of slope. my isometric drawing says it has a .1 degee slope but it dont match when i do math. how do i figure this out. even if i have a 40 ' ft long pipe and drops lets say 2 3/8 inch how do i figure the degree of slope and the angle of slope which i believe is the same as the degree????
thanks for any help someone can give me
kamann

Re: figure pipe slope in degrees,ft. inches,decimals

Postby Lefty » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:28 am

First you convert your rise and run into decimals, then you divide your rise by your run and then you divide that by .01745 radian (equals 1 degree) and you should get .149 of a degree. Your rise is 5/16" or .3125" divided by run 10' 1/8" or 120.125" which equals .0026 and divide that by .01745 radian (which equals 1 degree) and your angle should be .149 degree.
Lefty

More info

• List of all units you can convert online
  • Metric conversion
  • Convert pounds to gallons
  • Convert grams to cups
  • Grams to milliliters
  • Imperial vs US Customary
  • History of measurement
  • Return to Calculating things

Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions