proportional scale wheel

You are welcome to suggest new categories, units and conversion calculators to be added to Convert-Me.Com
Forum rules
Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

proportional scale wheel

Postby cocolamala » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:42 pm

It would be useful to have an online proportional scale wheel. It converts an images present measurements to a different size while maintaining the proportions of the original width and height. I've looked online and not found a site that performs this conversion.
cocolamala

Postby menotyoudude » Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:14 pm

I suggested that a while back but alas, no luck yet. Maybe now with another request, the MAN might consider it.

Power to the PEOPLE!!! :mrgreen:
menotyoudude

Postby convert-me.com » Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:48 pm

It's a good suggestion, but cannot be done with the same program as all other conversions on the site. You see, currently you enter one value and it gets converted to all others. For image measurements you'll need to enter two dimentions and then scale them both. That's another problem and it requires another program. We'll think about it, but I can't promise it will be done quickly.
convert-me.com
Site Admin

Re: proportional scale wheel

Postby focusongroup » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:26 pm

Having an online proportional scale would be VERY convenient for graphic artists & designers that work with larger measurement conversions. Standard proportional scales are limited to 100" maximum size. Difficult to determine exact % needed for larger dimensions. Any ideas?? Needing to convert 2.25" to 246" ??
focusongroup

proportional scale wheel

Postby johnguzman806 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:22 am

From what I can see, it has been two years since someone posted about hoping to find an online proportional scale wheel.

Has anyone discovered one yet?

e-mail me at johnguzman806@hotmail.com if you know where one is, thanks!

-- John.
johnguzman806

Postby lag0018 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:51 pm

i found a wheel call proportional scale in Micheals (art supply store).
It is for inches.
it gives a percentage of orginal size; number of times of reduction; orginal size; and reproduction size.
the wheel if very handly for art.
Any way check it out the company that makes it is "the C-Thru ruler company" in Bloomfield, CT
hope this helps
Lori
lag0018

Postby jack » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:20 am

BOTsuite.com/shipshape?
Useful for model scaling.
jack

More info

• List of all units you can convert online
  • Metric conversion
  • Convert pounds to gallons
  • Convert grams to cups
  • Grams to milliliters
  • Imperial vs US Customary
  • History of measurement
  • Return to Suggestions

Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions