Switch to full style
You are welcome to suggest new categories, units and conversion calculators to be added to Convert-Me.Com

Forum rules

Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

Changing PSI when going from 3/4 pipe to 1 inch

Sun May 03, 2009 3:33 am

This is probably simple. I have a 3/4 pipe fitted to a 1 inch pipe. I want the PSI at the 1 inch pipe to be 50. Does the PSI at the 3/4 need to be 62.5 (simple ratio conversion).

Ive been out of school too long.

Re: Changing PSI when going from 3/4 pipe to 1 inch

Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:48 am

I think there isn't any conversion. Pressure of a fluid or gas presses against all surfaces equally. It's just that an inside area of tubing will be longer compared to an equal inside area of a larger diameter tube.