cc to mg ratio

Disscussing old, rare, very specific or otherwise uncommon units and measurements
Forum rules
Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

cc to mg ratio

Postby Jackson » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:03 am

I need to take a shot that is 50 mg and my syringes read in .5cc 1.0 cc 1.5cc and go up progressively . How many cc do i need?
Jackson

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:36 am

Most liquid medicines are not 100% active ingredient, they are a solution of the active ingredient in water or some other solvent. There should be a statement of strength on the bottle somewhere, which will state how many mg of active ingredient are in 1 mL or 1 cc of the solution. Without that statement, there is no way to proceed.

Depending on the solution, it will weigh somewhere close to 1 g/mL, BUT that is solution, not active ingredient. As a milligram = 0.001 g, milligram doses would be impractical to measure unless diluted in a larger volume.

Re: cc to mg ratio

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:16 pm

I need to take a shot of 1000 mcg (1mg) but the syringe is in cc. How many cc do I take?

Postby gallileoster » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:17 am

I believe 1cc = 200mg
gallileoster

Postby Dirtman » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:07 pm

gallileoster wrote:I believe 1cc = 200mg

Sorry but no. cc (short for cubic centimeter) is a volume, mg (milligram) is a weight. One can't know what 1 ml of a substance weighs unless they know the density of the particular substance.
Dirtman
Expert

cc to mg ratio

Postby DewuyFarley » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:42 am

Hi..

Im in the process of working on some drawings for Scratchbuilding my signal box. Does anyone have to hand a set of the Ratio 539 Windows, that they could run a ruler down the side and give me some dimensions? .

Cheers
Dunc
DewuyFarley

More info

• List of all units you can convert online
  • Metric conversion
  • Convert pounds to gallons
  • Convert grams to cups
  • Grams to milliliters
  • Imperial vs US Customary
  • History of measurement
  • Return to Exotic units

Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions