Weight of filled 72 gallon fish tank

Disscussing old, rare, very specific or otherwise uncommon units and measurements
Forum rules
Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

fish tank

Postby Itsjustme_B » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:36 am

I have a 72 gallon fish tank and I need to know appx. how much it will weigh after I fill it with water because the stand I have for it only holds 95 pounds and the tank weighs almost 30 with nothing in it! I'm afraid my stand is going to give once I get the water in it :(
Itsjustme_B

Re: fish tank

Postby Dirtman » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:00 am

Itsjustme_B wrote:I have a 72 gallon fish tank and I need to know appx. how much it will weigh after I fill it with water because the stand I have for it only holds 95 pounds and the tank weighs almost 30 with nothing in it! I'm afraid my stand is going to give once I get the water in it :(

At 70º F, water weighs 8.329 pounds per US gallon. 72 gallons at 8.329 = 599.688 lbs plus the tank itself, 630 lbs.

Use a much stronger table or scratch 1 table (with fishtank).
Dirtman
Expert

Postby alex_pokroff » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:48 pm

i Currently have a 55 gallon tanganyika tank set up with one Altolamprologus Compressiceps, 2 orange lelupui, and one Neolamprologus tretocephalus. i was wondering if it would be ok to add 3 Cyprochromis Leptosoma to the tank to give it some upper tank movement. tell me wat u think about the current fish i have now. the tank is well set up with pleanty of caves.... i am also planning to add more fish in the future.
alex_pokroff

Postby undunk » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:01 am

ok im new also so im gonna buy a 20 gallon tank, what kind of light fixture should i have i want it to be like super bright and i want to have plants and tropic fish, like white lights almost so what type of lighting would i get and like how many watts per gallon and oh well im hopeless how does it all work?> lol
undunk

Postby Dordhs » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:26 pm

You have to play around with it and perhaps point it more towards the rocks in order to blow out all the debris and waste. I like a strong current in my tank and I think all my fish enjoy it as well.
Dordhs

More info

• List of all units you can convert online
  • Metric conversion
  • Convert pounds to gallons
  • Convert grams to cups
  • Grams to milliliters
  • Imperial vs US Customary
  • History of measurement
  • Return to Exotic units

Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions