µM to pmol/µl

Questions and answers on how to convert things from one unit or system to another
Forum rules
Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

µM to pmol/µl

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:18 pm

Just come across this rather helpful website and wondered if anyone was able to clear this up for me. It's with regards to primer stocks for pcr experiments.

I have my primers as 100µM and I need them at 3.2 pmol/µl - can anyone help? I'm still confused that mol and M are different which probably is the reason why I can't understand how you can have mol/µl.

Thanks in advance
R

Re: µM to pmol/µl

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:39 am

Anonymous wrote:Just come across this rather helpful website and wondered if anyone was able to clear this up for me. It's with regards to primer stocks for pcr experiments.

I have my primers as 100µM and I need them at 3.2 pmol/µl - can anyone help? I'm still confused that mol and M are different which probably is the reason why I can't understand how you can have mol/µl.

Thanks in advance
R

ALthough the term has been deprecated in modern SI usage, M has been used as a symol for molarity. 1 M is a solution of 1 mol/L, the preferred way to state it in modern SI. Therefore your 100 µM solution is 100 µmol/L, or 100 pmol/µL. It is roughly 31.25X too strong and needs to be diluted.

Postby T22 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:56 pm

100um/L
100um/ 1000ml
0.1um/ml
100nm/ml
0.1nm/ul
100pm/ul
You haven't given the final working solution volume e.g. I think say you wanted 75ul working solution
3.2% of 75=2.4ul primer stock
75-2.4=72.6 ul DH2O
I think that this is right, I am currently trying to do the same.
Actually it is right. Definitely.
T22

Postby SMILE » Wed May 30, 2012 4:51 pm

Hi i am very confused, my supervisor has asked me to convert primers of stock 100uM/ul to 100pM/ul which im not sure how to proceed as ive see pM/ul converted from uM/l... pls help... thanks
SMILE

Postby SMILE » Wed May 30, 2012 4:58 pm

Hi i am very confused, my supervisor has asked me to convert primers of stock 100uM/ul to 100pM/ul which im not sure how to proceed as ive see pM/ul converted from uM/l... pls help...i feel 100uM/ul is same as 100pM/ul ..pls correct me... thanks....
SMILE

Postby guest » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:08 pm

I have a confusion in the dilution of my primer. the company has provided the data that if I resuspend the oligo in 200 microlitre of TE buffer then the concentration would be 223.71 (pm/microlitre). How do I convert it to 100 pm/microlitre? I would be highly obliged if you could help me.

Postby Tania » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:08 am

C1 x V1 = C2 x V2

223.71 (C1) * X(V1) = 100 (C2) * final working solution volume (V2)

X (V1)= 100 (C2) * final working solution volume (V2)
223.71 (C1)
Tania

Postby Me2 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:07 am

uM = pmol/uL. Therefore, 100 uM = 100 pmol/uL
Me2

Postby Parker88 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:27 am

I've asked that convert primers of stock 100uM/ul that he is not sure how to proceed.

rock salt suppliers
Parker88

Postby misla » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:14 pm

can anyone pliz help me with this calculation.How would you dissolve 72nmol of primer to get 20uM stock?tq
misla

More info

• List of all units you can convert online
  • Metric conversion
  • Convert pounds to gallons
  • Convert grams to cups
  • Grams to milliliters
  • Imperial vs US Customary
  • History of measurement
  • Return to How to convert?

Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions