Tsp to Gram conversions

Questions and answers on how to convert things from one unit or system to another
Forum rules
Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

Tsp to Gram conversions

Postby Dianna » Fri May 18, 2012 9:50 pm

I need to be able to break everything we have in our stock down to the smallest amount sold which is a gram. We have converted many things accurately but sometime the issue between ml and gram and tsp to gram is so small it's almost negligible. But for sake of accuracy is there a cut and dry way to get exact conversion between 3/4 tsp to grams. The same with ml to grams. A formula. Your page provides a lot of information but is slightly confusing. I appreciate your help!
Dianna

Re: Tsp to Gram conversions

Postby convert-me.com » Tue May 22, 2012 3:50 pm

Dianna wrote:I need to be able to break everything we have in our stock down to the smallest amount sold which is a gram. We have converted many things accurately but sometime the issue between ml and gram and tsp to gram is so small it's almost negligible. But for sake of accuracy is there a cut and dry way to get exact conversion between 3/4 tsp to grams. The same with ml to grams. A formula. Your page provides a lot of information but is slightly confusing. I appreciate your help!

There is no such formula as the conversion from a volume measure (tsp or ml) to mass measure (gram) depends on the substance.
For example, 1 ml of water is exactly 1 gram, but 1 ml of olive oil is 0.91 grams. And 1 ml of dried basil is only 0.11 grams.
You can find more conversions for various substances here: http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/cooking
convert-me.com
Site Admin

Postby simonclark » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:37 pm

convert-me.com wrote:
Dianna wrote:I need to be able to break everything we have in our stock down to the smallest amount sold which is a gram. We have converted many things accurately but sometime the issue between ml and gram and tsp to gram is so small it's almost negligible. But for sake of accuracy is there a cut and dry way to get exact conversion between 3/4 tsp to grams. The same with ml to grams. A formula. Your page provides a lot of information but is slightly confusing. I appreciate your help!

There is no such formula as the conversion from a volume measure (tsp or ml) to mass measure (gram) depends on the substance.
For example, 1 ml of water is exactly 1 gram, but 1 ml of olive oil is 0.91 grams. And 1 ml of dried basil is only 0.11 grams.
You can find more conversions for various substances here: http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/cooking

yes you said exactly right that every time has different value of grams for different products . thanks for the link because its very easy tool for measurement .
simonclark

Postby paulorg123 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:25 pm

You can't find a measuring teaspoon in your kitchen, so you've got to figure it out. But the fact is that these measurements are applicable only with US recipes. If 1 teaspoon is 5ML as per the metric equivalent, we can conclude that 3/4 tspn is approx 4 ml or so.
snoringaidspro.com
paulorg123

More info

• List of all units you can convert online
  • Metric conversion
  • Convert pounds to gallons
  • Convert grams to cups
  • Grams to milliliters
  • Imperial vs US Customary
  • History of measurement
  • Return to How to convert?

Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions