volume in ml

Questions and answers on how to convert things from one unit or system to another
Forum rules
Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

volume in ml

Postby nquirer » Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:43 am

what is the volume in ml of 1.00pt of heavy cream?
what mass of cereal in kilograMS IS IN A 40.0 OZ BOX?
HOW MANY MINUTES IS A 130 YEARS?
nquirer

Re: volume in ml

Postby Knight » Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:26 pm

nquirer wrote:what is the volume in ml of 1.00pt of heavy cream?

Taking these one at the time:
what is the volume in ml of 1.00pt of heavy cream?

Go to http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/volume

Go to http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/weight

This can be calculated using:

130 years x 365.25 days/year x 24 hours/day x 60 minutes/hour =

years cancel to days, days cancel to hours, hours cancel to minutes.

The numerical answer is left as an exersize to the student.
Knight
Expert

Actually, there is no grams-to-ounces measure....

Postby yourbestfriendjax » Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:47 am

Is there a grams-to ounces measurement converter? I looked on the appropriate page, but could not find it. What about liter to grams? What about a liquid ounce to dry ounce?

Please advise.
yourbestfriendjax

Re: Actually, there is no grams-to-ounces measure....

Postby Knight » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:03 pm

yourbestfriendjax wrote:Is there a grams-to ounces measurement converter? I looked on the appropriate page, but could not find it. What about liter to grams? What about a liquid ounce to dry ounce?

Please advise.

One Ounce is 28.35 grams. It is on the http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/weight page. To convert liters to grams, remember that one liter of water weighs one kilogram, therefore one liter of water weighs 1,000 grams.

Now, a liquid ounce to a dry ounce is a different question all together. An ounce is a measurement of weight. The ounce has been variously misused throughout history by being used as a measurement of volume due to the fact that the smallest "dry" measure is a pint

The only way to answer the question is to know what you are measuring. If you have an ounce of feathers, it will take up a lot more volume than an ounce of lead will.

An ounce of water for example, weighs 29.6 ml and thus would have a volume of 29.6 ccs.
Knight
Expert

More info

• List of all units you can convert online
  • Metric conversion
  • Convert pounds to gallons
  • Convert grams to cups
  • Grams to milliliters
  • Imperial vs US Customary
  • History of measurement
  • Return to How to convert?

Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions