Conversion

Questions and answers on how to convert things from one unit or system to another
Forum rules
Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

Conversion

Postby Tagbede » Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:02 am

I like to convert from microgram/m3 to parts per million(ppm). How do I go about it?
Tagbede

Re: Conversion

Postby Knight » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:43 pm

Tagbede wrote:I like to convert from microgram/m3 to parts per million(ppm). How do I go about it?

The conversion factors are based on the molecular weights of the different contaminants and are different for each chemical.

For example, benzene's conversion factor for changing micrograms per cubic meter (µg/m³) to parts per million (ppm) is 0.00325.

Dividing the value of micrograms per cubic meter (µg/ m³) by 0.00325 will change the value to parts per million (ppm).

So, 10 µg/ m³ of benzene divided by 0.00325 is 3,076.9 ppm by volume in air.
Knight
Expert

Re: Conversion

Postby tvanellen » Wed May 25, 2005 2:13 am

I'm afraid there's an error here. 1 ppm benzene = 3.2 mg/m3 or 3200 microgram/m3. This means that 10 microgram/m3 benzene equals 1/320 or about 0.0031 ppm.
tvanellen

convertion microgram/m3 to ppm

Postby nurul hidayat » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:26 pm

What is the general equation for this conversion?
nurul hidayat

Conversion

Postby Eucharia Nwaichi » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:19 pm

,Dividing the value of micrograms per cubic meter (µg/ m³) by 0.00325 will change the value to parts per million (ppm)' is wrong. Rather multiply the value of micrograms per cubic meter (µg/ m³) by 0.00325 will change the value to parts per million (ppm).
Eucharia Nwaichi

More info

• List of all units you can convert online
  • Metric conversion
  • Convert pounds to gallons
  • Convert grams to cups
  • Grams to milliliters
  • Imperial vs US Customary
  • History of measurement
  • Return to How to convert?

Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions