conversion grams to teaspoons (1/4)

Questions and answers on how to convert things from one unit or system to another
Forum rules
Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

conversion grams to teaspoons (1/4)

Postby rline10@tampabay.rr.com » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:29 pm

If dog medicine comes in 60 gram bottles, how many doses cn one get from the bottle if a dose is 1/4 teaspoon. :(
I am not a math genius and my dog has seizures and I am trying to determine how long a bottle of medivine will last...to the cost of treatment.
Thanks!
rline10@tampabay.rr.com

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:20 pm

Every material has a different density (weight/volume). However, most liquid medicines are probably fairly close to water, ie 1 g = 1 mL. At any rate, that's the only assumption I can make from the info provided.

So if the bottle is 60 mL, a 1/4 teaspoon is about 1.25 mL, and you get about 48 doses.

Most US teaspoons are marked 1 teaspoon / 5 mL, but a "real" teaspoon is a tiny bit less, 4.9 something mL. I've ignored that difference. As pointed out above, the density is near 1, but if anything is probably slightly more than 1, so the bottle is probably a little less than 60 mL.

If you don't have spillage, you can probably expect at least 40 doses, maybe 45, or even 48.

More info

• List of all units you can convert online
  • Metric conversion
  • Convert pounds to gallons
  • Convert grams to cups
  • Grams to milliliters
  • Imperial vs US Customary
  • History of measurement
  • Return to How to convert?

Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions