convert cholesterol gr/litre to mmol/litre

Questions and answers on how to convert things from one unit or system to another
Forum rules
Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

convert cholesterol gr/litre to mmol/litre

Postby guest » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:07 pm

Cholesterol level in France is given in gr/litre. In Britain the unit used is mmol/litre. How to convert one into the other?

Re: convert cholesterol gr/litre to mmol/litre

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:27 am

guest wrote:Cholesterol level in France is given in gr/litre. In Britain the unit used is mmol/litre. How to convert one into the other?

You need the molar mass. For cholesterol, it is 386.654 g/mol (use same value for total, HDL, LDL). Note this molar mass, in general, is different for each substance and is equal to the molecular weight.

So to convert 2 g/L (US 200 mg/dL)
2 g/L x 1 mol/386.654 g = 0.00517 mol/L = 5.17 mmol/L

Postby bridgetla » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:09 am

What is the difference between LDH and LDL cholesterol levels?
Are they both bad cholesterol levels? I seem to find more info on LDL's and not so much on LDH, but LDH is listed on my cholesterol chart. Should the levels be read the same when comparing numbers?

Postby priscilya » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:06 pm

How much cholesterol is in egg whites as opposed to the yolks? One of my co-workers told me that there are equal amounts of cholesterol in both the white and the yolk.
I told her that wasn't true because the yolk is what has all the calories, fat, and cholesterol in it, so I'm doing a good thing by eating egg white omelettes, as opposed to regular ones that include the yolk. Or am I? Who's right?

Postby tabicasa » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:29 pm

What are some good cholesterol lowering foods? Know of any good recipes that are good for you for meals? I am looking for some good cholesterol lowering foods and also some low cholesterol meals that are yummy. Hereditary reasons have caused me to get on a cholesterol medicine but I also want to be proactive in what I eat.

More info

• List of all units you can convert online
  • Metric conversion
  • Convert pounds to gallons
  • Convert grams to cups
  • Grams to milliliters
  • Imperial vs US Customary
  • History of measurement
  • Return to How to convert?

Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions