acerage perimiter to measured feet

Questions and answers on how to convert things from one unit or system to another
Forum rules
Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

acerage perimiter to measured feet

Postby guest » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:42 am

trying to figure out how many feet of fenceing for a square 40 acers???

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:14 pm

1 square mile is 640 acres, and if square has a perimeter of 4 miles.

40 acres is 1/16 of that. If square in shape, it is 1/4 mile on each side, and has a perimeter of 1 mile, or 5280 feet.

conversions

Postby Earl Pawn » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:12 am

Anonymous wrote:1 square mile is 640 acres, and if square has a perimeter of 4 miles.

40 acres is 1/16 of that. If square in shape, it is 1/4 mile on each side, and has a perimeter of 1 mile, or 5280 feet.

How do I convert miles of road to acres?
Earl Pawn

Re: conversions

Postby Earl Pawn » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:15 am

How do I convert miles of road to acres?[/quote][quote][/quote]
Earl Pawn

[color=darkblue]Re: acerage perimiter to measured feet[/colo

Postby freddy » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:16 am

guest wrote:trying to figure out how many feet of fenceing for a square 40 acers???

Could you help me?
I have 0.185 acerage, how many square feet are we talking about? Anyone???
freddy

Re: conversions

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:05 pm

Earl Pawn wrote:
Anonymous wrote:1 square mile is 640 acres, and if square has a perimeter of 4 miles.

How do I convert miles of road to acres?

lot of land

Postby martley2010@yahoo.com » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:44 pm

I am looking to purchase land and put a home on it. What is the appropriate size of land to put an average home, say 2,000 sq. ft. How do you convert land that is 25,000 sq. ft. into land measurements?
martley2010@yahoo.com

Re: acerage perimiter to measured feet

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:39 am

guest wrote:trying to figure out how many feet of fenceing for a square 40 acers???

Re: lot of land

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:09 pm

martley2010@yahoo.com wrote:I am looking to purchase land and put a home on it. What is the appropriate size of land to put an average home, say 2,000 sq. ft. How do you convert land that is 25,000 sq. ft. into land measurements?

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:09 pm

An Acre is equal to 43,560 square feet (Sq. Ft.) of area.

There are exactly 640 Acres in one square mile...
Hope this helps :D

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:16 pm

I am looking to purchase land and put a home on it. What is the appropriate size of land to put an average home, say 2,000 sq. ft. How do you convert land that is 25,000 sq. ft. into land measurements?

Divide 25,000 (sq feet) by 43,560 (which is one acre) and you get .57 acre. So you have a little over 1/2 acre.

More info

• List of all units you can convert online
  • Metric conversion
  • Convert pounds to gallons
  • Convert grams to cups
  • Grams to milliliters
  • Imperial vs US Customary
  • History of measurement
  • Return to How to convert?

Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions