Enter = Convert

You are welcome to suggest new categories, units and conversion calculators to be added to Convert-Me.Com

Moderator: convert-me.com

Enter = Convert

Postby Gene Heyman » Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:17 am

Thanks for having this conversion website up. I use it almost daily in my work.

One thing that would make things more efficient would be to have the Enter key activate the Convert button. As it is, I use my mouse to select the field I want, then I use the number pad to enter a value, then I go back to my mouse and click to convert. Allowing the Enter key to activate the conversion would effectively reduce a three step process to two steps. It may not seem like much, but that's 33%! When you spend your day in front of the computer, every click counts:)

Thanks for your consideration.

Sincerely,
Gene Heyman
Gene Heyman

Re: Enter = Convert

Postby convert-me.com » Tue May 10, 2005 4:14 pm

Gene Heyman wrote:One thing that would make things more efficient would be to have the Enter key activate the Convert button.

Thank you for your suggestion. We'll think about implementing it. Meanwhile I can tell you that in most browsers you can currently click "Tab" key in order to activate the conversion.
Convert-Me.Com - Interactive Units Conversion
http://www.convert-me.com/
convert-me.com
Site Admin

Enter = Convert

Postby Gene Heyman » Wed May 11, 2005 12:50 am

I'm glad to see you read my suggestion. Thank you for considering the change. Meanwhile, the "Tab" key tip is a big help. Thanks!

Sincerely,
Gene Heyman
Gene Heyman

Return to Suggestions