Looking for a suggested formula

Don't know how to calculate the area of your garden or circumference of a pond? Ask your question here.

Moderator: convert-me.com

Looking for a suggested formula

Postby roadman_0201 » Tue May 20, 2008 7:20 pm

I have an area that is 210' in length, 85' in width. I want to install a 6" base using crushed stone. I know I would use the following to obtain Cubic Yards: length x width x depth, divided by 27 to obtain cubic yards. I need to convert to tons. Need help! Thanks!
Please send a formula to convert to tons. If I need weight where could I go to obtain a weight chart for aggregates. Thanks!
roadman_0201

Re: Looking for a suggested formula

Postby Guest » Tue May 20, 2008 7:48 pm

roadman_0201 wrote:I have an area that is 210' in length, 85' in width. I want to install a 6" base using crushed stone. I know I would use the following to obtain Cubic Yards: length x width x depth, divided by 27 to obtain cubic yards. I need to convert to tons. Need help! Thanks!
Please send a formula to convert to tons. If I need weight where could I go to obtain a weight chart for aggregates. Thanks!

You need about 331 yd³

Depending on the type of stone, the density may run about 1.3 - 1.45 t/yd³. You may wish to talk to your supplier. There are density charts for construction materials available on the web; I'm using one from ACS Industries.

Once you have a density, just multiply the number of yards by it. Depending on units, you may have to convert.

Return to Calculating things