square metre to linear metres

Don't know how to calculate the area of your garden or circumference of a pond? Ask your question here.
Forum rules
Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

square metre to linear metres

Postby sam » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:33 pm

Please help us, if an area is 6429square metres is there an easy way to convert that into linear metres?

Thanks in advance for any help.
sam

Re: square metre to linear metres

Postby convert-me.com » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:54 am

sam wrote:Please help us, if an area is 6429square metres is there an easy way to convert that into linear metres?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sorry, you can't convert square meters to linear meters. Linear meters measure length, square meters measure area. You're asking how long is your area -- there is no answer.

Maybe you mean possible dimensions (width and height) of an area of 4629 sq. meters. This question can have various answers. If your area looks like a square (same width and height), it is about 80 by 80 meters.
If it is not, it could be very different, for example 1 meter wide by 6429 meters long.
convert-me.com
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:08 pm

[quote="sam"]Please help us, if an area is 6429square metres is there an easy way to convert that into linear metres?

Thanks in advance for any help.[/quo

:roll: Yes you can convert square metres into linear depending on the reason behind the conversion.
For example if your area is a floor and you want to convert the square metre area to know how many linear metres of floorboards are required you would simply divide the width of the floor in mm by the width of the floorboard in mm take that number and times it by the length of the floor, this will tell you how many linear metres of flooring you need.
Im not sure if this helps? Hope so!!

ln mt

Postby ged » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:00 am

hi, so if i have a roll of cloth 1.5mt wide would a linear meter be .5 mt off the roll, so we are equal to 1 sq mt??
ged

Postby guest - Melb Australia » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:16 pm

what material are U using? I have a similar problem, the timber yard new how to do it based on width of timber I want to use for the job in hand.
find a timber yard ... good luck
guest - Melb Australia

Converting linear to square metres

Postby Chris Mooney » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:23 am

I am wanting to convert 477 linear metre at 760 wide into square metres. Can you please help, thanks.
Chris Mooney

Re: Converting linear to square metres

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:22 am

Chris Mooney wrote:I am wanting to convert 477 linear metre at 760 wide into square metres. Can you please help, thanks.

divide the metre numbers by .3048 to have it in linear
ex: 477/.3048=

More info

• List of all units you can convert online
  • Metric conversion
  • Convert pounds to gallons
  • Convert grams to cups
  • Grams to milliliters
  • Imperial vs US Customary
  • History of measurement
  • Return to Calculating things

Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions