Archaic dssp?

Questions and answers on how to convert things from one unit or system to another

Moderator: convert-me.com

Archaic dssp?

Postby arlenejg » Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:39 am

Years ago a nursing instructor gave me the assignment of finding out what the "dssp" on little plastic med cups stands for. At long last, a pharmacist told me it was for "dessert spoonful". Does anyone know whether this is correct? PLease reply to arlenejg@hotmail.com as I doubt I'll be able to find this forum again. Thank you very much! :?
arlenejg

Re: Archaic dssp?

Postby Knight » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:46 am

arlenejg wrote:Years ago a nursing instructor gave me the assignment of finding out what the "dssp" on little plastic med cups stands for. At long last, a pharmacist told me it was for "dessert spoonful". Does anyone know whether this is correct? Please reply to arlenejg@hotmail.com as I doubt I'll be able to find this forum again. Thank you very much! :?

dssp is an abbrviation for dessertspoon. It is a unit of volume sometimes used in food recipes. The dessertspoon is equal to 2 teaspoons; this is roughly equivalent to 10 milliliters in the U.S. and 7 milliliters in Britain.

Source: "How Many", Russ Rowlett, Director, Center for Mathematics and Science Education University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. (2003)
William J. Knight
Health Physicist
Los Alamos National Labs
Knight
Expert

Return to How to convert?