1.25 Milligrams to Milliliters

Don't know how to calculate the area of your garden or circumference of a pond? Ask your question here.

Moderator: convert-me.com

1.25 Milligrams to Milliliters

Postby lollapalooza » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:34 am

I suck at Math. Man, I really suck at Math.

And I need help with it! What a suprise :D

I am administering a med to a pet. The dosage is 0.25mg/gram and he is 5 grams, so that is 1.25 miligrams of the medicine. I have a eyedropper with ML listings on it. How would I get 1.25 milligrams to milliliters?

Thanks for your time to help me.
lollapalooza

Postby Mike Wright » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:27 pm

The answer depends on the density of the medication. If it was water then 1 gram = 1 ml.
1mg = 1/1000th of a gram = 0.001g so 1.25mg = 0.00125g = 0.00125ml.
However I have to say that this is a VERY small volume indeed (about one millionth of a litre), so something doesn't seem right. I'd check with your vet.

One thing that looks odd is the size of your pet, 5g is very small (less than 1/5th of an ounce). If it is really 5kg (about 11lbs) then the answer would be 1000 times greater, i.e. 1.25ml.

Don't forget I am assuming that the medication has the same density as water, which may not be true, so please check with the vet.
Mike Wright

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:20 am

The answer is incorrect as it fails to take into account the concentration. The medication would have been a certain number of gm per 100ml (w/v).

Return to Calculating things