Speed conversion question

Questions and answers on how to convert things from one unit or system to another

Moderator: convert-me.com

Speed conversion question

Postby Sammutin » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:37 am

I'm a jogger and I want to convert my speed from min/km to km/h. The problem is, that my speed is in min:sec format (like 4 min 56 sec/km), not in "full units", where is two digits (like 4,98 min). The speed conversion uses this "full unit", if you understand what I mean. It would be nice that it (min/km) would understand seconds too. Now I first have to calculate my speed to seconds, and then I can convert it to km/h.

Is there a faster way to do this?
Sammutin

Re: Speed conversion question

Postby convert-me.com » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Sammutin wrote:I'm a jogger and I want to convert my speed from min/km to km/h. The problem is, that my speed is in min:sec format (like 4 min 56 sec/km), not in "full units", where is two digits (like 4,98 min). The speed conversion uses this "full unit", if you understand what I mean. It would be nice that it (min/km) would understand seconds too. Now I first have to calculate my speed to seconds, and then I can convert it to km/h.

Is there a faster way to do this?

Thank you for the idea, I understand what you mean. Currently our site only provides conversion from one unit to another, conversion from combined units ("4 min 56 sec" or "10 ft 3 in") is not supported. We'll think about adding this possibility in the future, but I'm afraid I can't promise this to be implemented soon.

For now I can only suggest doing what you already do - converting the time to seconds first, and then converting the speed.
Convert-Me.Com - Interactive Units Conversion
http://www.convert-me.com/
convert-me.com
Site Admin

Re: Speed conversion question

Postby Sammutin » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:17 pm

Okay, thank you for your answer.
Sammutin

Return to How to convert?