HELP getting frustrated

Try to post your problem here, there is a chance, someone clever will help you.

Moderator: convert-me.com

HELP getting frustrated

Postby shellcanada » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:44 am

I am needing help on teaching my 12 yr old how to convert

2500cm3=____________mL

___________L

how do we convert centimeters cubed into millilters and liters and grams and kilograms?

thanks

this is in canadian
shellcanada
 

Re: HELP getting frustrated

Postby convert-me.com » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:49 am

shellcanada wrote:I am needing help on teaching my 12 yr old how to convert

2500cm3=____________mL

___________L

how do we convert centimeters cubed into millilters and liters and grams and kilograms?

thanks

this is in canadian


cm3 and milliliter are in fact the same. So 2500 cm3 = 2500 mL.
Prefix "milli" always means 0.001 for any unit. You can find the list of metric prefixes handy. So 1 mL = 0.001 L, i.e. L = 1000 mL.

The same prefix rule works for grams and kilograms. Prefix "kilo" means 1000, so 1 kilogram = 1000 grams.

As for converting from liters/milliliters into grams/kilograms, there is no direct conversion since the former are units of volume and the latter are units of mass. Similar volumes of various substances may weigh differently. For example one liter of water is much lighter than one liter of mercury.
Convert-Me.Com - Interactive Units Conversion
http://www.convert-me.com/
User avatar
convert-me.com
Site Admin
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:50 pm

Differance

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:48 am

so how does that differ from before?:?
Guest
 

Thanks

Postby Sean » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:36 pm

I'm 13 with busy work 8H Science HW and thanks for the help cus I would have been up all night![/b]
Sean
 

advanced conversions

Postby ChemNerd » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:53 am

im in high school chemistry, and we convert grams to milliliters/liters by using moles. you just go from milliliters/centimeters cubed to liters by dividing by 1,000 and do a simple conversion using 22.4 as a conversion factor because there are 22.4L in one mol.
ChemNerd
 

Re: advanced conversions

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:16 pm

ChemNerd wrote:im in high school chemistry, and we convert grams to milliliters/liters by using moles. you just go from milliliters/centimeters cubed to liters by dividing by 1,000 and do a simple conversion using 22.4 as a conversion factor because there are 22.4L in one mol.


True, for an ideal gas at STP (standard temperature and pressure). What do you do for other conditions, or for liquids and solids?

While the ideal gas law is useful in many practical situations, I hope they teach you it's limitations. For pressures in hundreds of atmospheres, or near the temperature at which the gas liquifies, errors are substantial for real gases.
Guest
 

still confused!

Postby need help! » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:55 pm

so how do u convert 100cm3 into L??

please help!!!!! i'm so lost :(
need help!
 

Postby Guest » Tue May 01, 2007 2:58 am

well, Like he said: 100 cm3 is 100ml
there is a 1000ml in a L so: 1ml= 0.001 L

Therefore: 100 ml = 0.1 L

so: 100cm3 = 0.1L
200 cm3 = 0.2L
1000 cm3 = 1L
Guest
 

Postby Guest » Thu May 03, 2007 5:25 am

Stirctly speaking 100cm^3 is not 100ml
1 cubic centimeter is acually 0.999972ml. I am in year 13 right now studying chemistry and this was sumthing that we got drilled into us (not littereally :P)
small mistkles like that can lead to large error values later on in the calculations
Guest
 

Postby Leopold Plumtree » Thu May 03, 2007 9:05 am

Anonymous wrote:Stirctly speaking 100cm^3 is not 100ml
1 cubic centimeter is acually 0.999972ml. I am in year 13 right now studying chemistry and this was sumthing that we got drilled into us (not littereally :P)


What was "drilled" into you was info that is over 40 years out of date.
From 1964 to present, 1 litre is defined as exactly 1 dm³, making 1 mL exactly 1 cm³.
Leopold Plumtree
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:53 am

conversions

Postby flower » Fri May 16, 2008 5:44 am

how do we convert cm cubed into grams?
flower
 

This was great help!

Postby nattybug23 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:54 am

Thanks so much to this site! I really understand conversions! Thank you so much! :lol: :D :wink:
nattybug23
 


Return to Other math problems

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions