milligrams and tablespoons

Questions and answers on how to convert things from one unit or system to another

Moderator: convert-me.com

milligrams and tablespoons

Postby none » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:10 am

How do you convert milligrams to tablespoons...30 milligrams is equal to how many tablespoons and 400 or 500 milligrams is eual to how many tablespoons?[/b]
none

Re: milligrams and tablespoons

Postby none1 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:58 am

Did you find an answer to your question? I am trying to watch my sodium intake and unfortunately food labels have everything converted into MGs. That doesnt help when my wife wants to make me some good home cooking and I have to guage the salt! Let me know if you found anything out. Thx :)
none1

Postby babymathew » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:06 pm

It will totally depend upon the size of the spoon you use in your home.
babymathew

Postby whitesunn » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:00 am

babymathew wrote:It will totally depend upon the size of the spoon you use in your home.

Did you say this answer with a straight face???

OMG!

Dude, measuring spoons. Every measuring spoon set used in cooking is universal.

If you have an answer like that, keep it to yourself and take a few more classes.
whitesunn

Postby spider » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:30 pm

The milligram is a measure of weight or mass, whereas the tablespoon is a measure of volume.

You can convert milligrams to tablespoons, but only for a particular substance, material, food item, etc...

Also, please note that a metric tablespoon differs in volume from a tablespoon used in the US.

For example, 1 US tablespoon of table salt weighs 18.25 grams, and 1 metric tablespoon of that same table salt weighs 18.51 grams.

Note: I've used this volume to weight calculator for table salt to calculate how much a tablespoon of table salt weighs:
http://www.aqua-calc.com/calculate/food-volume-to-weight/substance/Salt-coma-and-blank-table
Unit measurement online conversions, calculations and formulas
http://www.aqua-calc.com/
spider
competent

Return to How to convert?