Tsp to Gram conversions

Questions and answers on how to convert things from one unit or system to another

Moderator: convert-me.com

Tsp to Gram conversions

Postby Dianna » Fri May 18, 2012 9:50 pm

I need to be able to break everything we have in our stock down to the smallest amount sold which is a gram. We have converted many things accurately but sometime the issue between ml and gram and tsp to gram is so small it's almost negligible. But for sake of accuracy is there a cut and dry way to get exact conversion between 3/4 tsp to grams. The same with ml to grams. A formula. Your page provides a lot of information but is slightly confusing. I appreciate your help!
Dianna

Re: Tsp to Gram conversions

Postby convert-me.com » Tue May 22, 2012 3:50 pm

Dianna wrote:I need to be able to break everything we have in our stock down to the smallest amount sold which is a gram. We have converted many things accurately but sometime the issue between ml and gram and tsp to gram is so small it's almost negligible. But for sake of accuracy is there a cut and dry way to get exact conversion between 3/4 tsp to grams. The same with ml to grams. A formula. Your page provides a lot of information but is slightly confusing. I appreciate your help!

There is no such formula as the conversion from a volume measure (tsp or ml) to mass measure (gram) depends on the substance.
For example, 1 ml of water is exactly 1 gram, but 1 ml of olive oil is 0.91 grams. And 1 ml of dried basil is only 0.11 grams.
You can find more conversions for various substances here: http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/cooking
Convert-Me.Com - Interactive Units Conversion
http://www.convert-me.com/
convert-me.com
Site Admin

Postby simonclark » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:37 pm

convert-me.com wrote:
Dianna wrote:I need to be able to break everything we have in our stock down to the smallest amount sold which is a gram. We have converted many things accurately but sometime the issue between ml and gram and tsp to gram is so small it's almost negligible. But for sake of accuracy is there a cut and dry way to get exact conversion between 3/4 tsp to grams. The same with ml to grams. A formula. Your page provides a lot of information but is slightly confusing. I appreciate your help!

There is no such formula as the conversion from a volume measure (tsp or ml) to mass measure (gram) depends on the substance.
For example, 1 ml of water is exactly 1 gram, but 1 ml of olive oil is 0.91 grams. And 1 ml of dried basil is only 0.11 grams.
You can find more conversions for various substances here: http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/cooking

yes you said exactly right that every time has different value of grams for different products . thanks for the link because its very easy tool for measurement .
simonclark

Postby paulorg123 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:25 pm

You can't find a measuring teaspoon in your kitchen, so you've got to figure it out. But the fact is that these measurements are applicable only with US recipes. If 1 teaspoon is 5ML as per the metric equivalent, we can conclude that 3/4 tspn is approx 4 ml or so.
snoringaidspro.com
paulorg123

Return to How to convert?