help pls..urgent

Questions and answers on how to convert things from one unit or system to another

Moderator: convert-me.com

help pls..urgent

Postby olracleif » Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:14 pm

1. normal urine has a density of 1.020 g/ml. What is the weight of a 100ml sample of urine?

2. three samples of urine weight 10.01 gram, 10.20 gram and 10.36 gram, respectively. What sample represents normal urine in terms of density? see the previous problem.

3. If you eat chocolate candy bar which provides 420 Cal. How long must you swim to use up this amount of calories?
olracleif

Postby mike.wright2@networkrail. » Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:38 pm

1.020g/ml means that each ml (millilitre - 1/1000th of a litre) has a mass of 1.02 grams. So 100ml will have a mass of 102grams. Note - NOT weight which whilst commonly used in place of mass, is actually a force resulting from mass x acceleration due to gravity.
The answer to 2 depends on what the volume was! Assuming you mean mass not weight, if it was 100ml then 'normal' is 102 grams. If it was 10ml then 10.2 grams is 'normal'. However variation between samples is to be expected, and the 3 samples have a mean of 10.19grams.
Regarding 3, I don't know but do you really mean cal or do you actually mean kcal, which are often wrongly referrred to as 'calories'. I suspect you mean kcal. Either way it is a measure of energy. How long you have to swim depends on the rate at which you are burning the energy.
mike.wright2@networkrail.

Return to How to convert?