cc to mg ratio

Disscussing old, rare, very specific or otherwise uncommon units and measurements

cc to mg ratio

Postby Jackson » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:03 am

I need to take a shot that is 50 mg and my syringes read in .5cc 1.0 cc 1.5cc and go up progressively . How many cc do i need?

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:36 am

Most liquid medicines are not 100% active ingredient, they are a solution of the active ingredient in water or some other solvent. There should be a statement of strength on the bottle somewhere, which will state how many mg of active ingredient are in 1 mL or 1 cc of the solution. Without that statement, there is no way to proceed.

Depending on the solution, it will weigh somewhere close to 1 g/mL, BUT that is solution, not active ingredient. As a milligram = 0.001 g, milligram doses would be impractical to measure unless diluted in a larger volume.

Re: cc to mg ratio

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:16 pm

I need to take a shot of 1000 mcg (1mg) but the syringe is in cc. How many cc do I take?

Postby gallileoster » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:17 am

I believe 1cc = 200mg

Postby Dirtman » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:07 pm

gallileoster wrote:I believe 1cc = 200mg

Sorry but no. cc (short for cubic centimeter) is a volume, mg (milligram) is a weight. One can't know what 1 ml of a substance weighs unless they know the density of the particular substance.

cc to mg ratio

Postby DewuyFarley » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:42 am

Im in the process of working on some drawings for Scratchbuilding my signal box. Does anyone have to hand a set of the Ratio 539 Windows, that they could run a ruler down the side and give me some dimensions? .

Return to Exotic units