expanding conversions for cooking supplies

You are welcome to suggest new categories, units and conversion calculators to be added to Convert-Me.Com

Moderator: convert-me.com

expanding conversions for cooking supplies

Postby Benji » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:25 pm

I'm trying to convert recipes from the metric system into the english system. My biggest obstacle is the common use of weight in the metric cooking and the use of volume in english/american cooking. This sight was immensely helpful in helping me convert several ingredients like butter, sugar, and flour from grams into fluid ounces which I could convert into tablespoons, teaspoons, and cups. My suggestion is to add a wider variety of ingredients (i.e. ground hazelnuts, etc) and possibly the ability to convert into tablespoons, teaspoons, and cups. If you could manage to add a comprehensive list of cooking ingredients and those convenient conversions I'm convinced this sight will be supported and used by a lot of culinary forums and blogs.
Benji

Re: expanding conversions for cooking supplies

Postby Benji » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:45 pm

Hah! I just found the cooking conversions. Those are awesome and almost complete. I'm definitely going to recommend this sight! However, the ground almond and hazelnuts could still be added to the category list.
Benji

Re: expanding conversions for cooking supplies

Postby convert-me.com » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:34 pm

Benji wrote:Hah! I just found the cooking conversions. Those are awesome and almost complete. I'm definitely going to recommend this sight! However, the ground almond and hazelnuts could still be added to the category list.

Thanks. However ground almond and hazelnuts are already in our category list on our cooking conversion page

Look for "almonds, ground" closer to the top of the list and "hazelnuts, whole" closer to the middle.
Convert-Me.Com - Interactive Units Conversion
http://www.convert-me.com/
convert-me.com
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions