milliliter to grams or vice versa

Questions and answers on how to convert things from one unit or system to another

Moderator: convert-me.com

milliliter to grams or vice versa

Postby dljohnson » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:50 pm

:?: can anybody tell me the weight of a ml. in grams or the volume of a gram in milliliters please?very frusterated and need solution asap
dljohnson
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:39 pm

Postby shill » Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:50 am

Well, we can't tell you the weight of a millilitre in grams until you tell us what it is you're weighing! A millilitre of water has a mass of 1 gram, whereas a millilitre of lead has a mass of 11.4 grams.
PS: Grams are a measure of mass. Newtons are a measure of force (of gravity). Therefore, both could be considered a measure of "weight". Please only use the term "weight" colloquially.
shill
Expert
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:22 am

converting grams to mls, or vice-versa

Postby Vitality » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:13 pm

shill wrote:Well, we can't tell you the weight of a millilitre in grams until you tell us what it is you're weighing! A millilitre of water has a mass of 1 gram, whereas a millilitre of lead has a mass of 11.4 grams.
PS: Grams are a measure of mass. Newtons are a measure of force (of gravity). Therefore, both could be considered a measure of "weight". Please only use the term "weight" colloquially.


I too have a ? about this; if I have a nutritional powder ie protein powder, and the measuring implement I have gives the capacity of 15ml, and I used it to measure the powder (level spoonful) how many grams of the powder would that be?
Vitality
 

Re: converting grams to mls, or vice-versa

Postby Guest » Thu May 27, 2004 6:05 am

can u tell me what the weight of 1.0ml acetic anhydride is? and 2.1ml?
Guest
 

Re: converting grams to mls, or vice-versa

Postby shill » Thu May 27, 2004 7:28 am

Anonymous wrote:can u tell me what the weight of 1.0ml acetic anhydride is? and 2.1ml?

The relative density of acetic anhydride is 1.082. Therefore, 1.0 ml has a mass of 1.082 g, and 2.1 ml has a mass of 2.2722 g.
shill
Expert
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:22 am

converting

Postby i-hate-chem » Tue May 10, 2005 7:32 am

how many grams are there in 50 mL of NaOH, and how many grams are there in 25 mL of HCl, ty.
i-hate-chem
 

Realllly should know this, heh.

Postby Honors Chemistry kid » Thu May 12, 2005 3:31 am

So Sad, but I just figured it out.

Milliliters are a measure of volume/mass, you see all you people like me? Therefore, it's a certain amount in mass/volume of something. So, you take the same ML of lead and the same ML of water, and they're going to be much different things.

This still begs the question, how do you find the grams of something with the milliliters given, and vice versa? I warrant it has something to do with multiplying by density...

answer please?
Honors Chemistry kid
 

Re: milliliter to grams or vice versa

Postby 8EIGHTFOUR4 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:37 pm

Anonymous wrote:
dljohnson wrote::?: can anybody tell me the weight of a ml. in grams or the volume of a gram in milliliters please?very frusterated and need solution asap
LMAO what a crazy little problem, but so many are effected. Thanks everyone for making me feel better. I take comfort in knowing that I am not alone :lol: :wink: :D
8EIGHTFOUR4
 

Re: milliliter to grams or vice versa

Postby Janey » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:06 pm

8EIGHTFOUR4 wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
dljohnson wrote::?: can anybody tell me the weight of a ml. in grams or the volume of a gram in milliliters please?very frusterated and need solution asap
LMAO what a crazy little problem, but so many are effected. Thanks everyone for making me feel better. I take comfort in knowing that I am not alone :lol: :wink: :D

Just found this - I've been trying to compare the price of dried mealworms on ebay and can't as some are 100 ml's and some 100gm's - impossible so i've no idea if i'm getting my money's worth!
Janey
 


Return to How to convert?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions