acre inch/week to gallons per acre per day

Questions and answers on how to convert things from one unit or system to another

Moderator: convert-me.com

acre inch/week to gallons per acre per day

Postby anotherjeff » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:34 am

Hi, I've been unsuccesful in my attempts with trying to do the following conversion: acre inch/week to gallons per acre per day

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
anotherjeff

Re: acre inch/week to gallons per acre per day

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:50 am

anotherjeff wrote:Hi, I've been unsuccesful in my attempts with trying to do the following conversion: acre inch/week to gallons per acre per day

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

1 acre-in/week x 43560 ft^2/acre x 1ft/12 in x 1week/7 days = 518.57 ft^3/day

518.57 ft^3/day x 1728 in^3/ft^3 x 1 gallon/231 in^3 = 3879.18 gallons per day (27154 gallons per week)

Where did the acres go in the formula

Postby anotherjeff » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:55 am

Sorry if this is dumb.

1. What happened to the acres in the gallons per acres per day?

2. Maybe I'll understand better if a number was tossed in there. What if it was 201 acres at 1 acre inch per week converted to gallons per acre per day.

A previous answer was 3879 gallons per acre per day but I'm not sure if that's correct.

Once again, thank you so much.
anotherjeff

Re: Where did the acres go in the formula

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:07 pm

anotherjeff wrote:Sorry if this is dumb.

1. What happened to the acres in the gallons per acres per day?

2. Maybe I'll understand better if a number was tossed in there. What if it was 201 acres at 1 acre inch per week converted to gallons per acre per day.

A previous answer was 3879 gallons per acre per day but I'm not sure if that's correct.

Once again, thank you so much.

An acre-inch is a volume of water (as is gallons) whether applied to 1 acre, 1" deep, or many acres, shallow.

I don't understand if you are applying 1 acre-inch to the entire 201 acres or to each acre. I assume to each acre as 1" of water per week everywhere seems about right, although I know more about watering my grass than farming. So I think you are using 201 acre-inches/week. Just multiply.

Return to How to convert?