Teaspoons to Grams

Questions and answers on how to convert things from one unit or system to another

Moderator: convert-me.com

Teaspoons to Grams

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:52 am

How many teaspoons does it take to equal 1 gram?

Comment by the site owner:

Instant grams to teaspons, teaspoon to grams and more conversions are here: http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/cooking

Check our cooking conversion page

Guest
 

Postby industryshack » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:10 am

1 Teaspoon = 4.92892 Milliliter
1 Teaspoon = 0.16666 Ounce(US)

By the way teaspoon is not a mass measure but a volumic one so you need to know the density of what you want to measure

XXX teaspoon * 4.92892 Milliliters/teaspoon * density (g/milliliter) = XXX grams
industryshack
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:22 am

Re: Teaspoons to Grams

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:00 am

Anonymous wrote:How many teaspoons does it take to equal 1 gram?
how many teaspoons to 5 gram
Guest
 

Postby Dirtman » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:21 am

Of what? Do you really think the answer has changed?

Read the post by Industryshack again.
Dirtman
Expert
 
Posts: 574
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:04 pm
Location: California

grams to teaspoons

Postby traciet » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:36 pm

I want to know how many teaspoons equal a gram of sugar?
traciet
 

Re: grams to teaspoons

Postby Dirtman » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:12 am

traciet wrote:I want to know how many teaspoons equal a gram of sugar?


1 teaspoon US = 4.9289 ml (milliliters). 1 ml of granulated sugar weighs 0.849 grams, so 4.9289 ml * 0.849 grams = 4.1846 grams in 1 teaspoon US

Source of sugar weight: http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/weight2volume
Dirtman
Expert
 
Posts: 574
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:04 pm
Location: California

Re: grams to teaspoons

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:26 pm

Dirtman wrote:
traciet wrote:I want to know how many teaspoons equal a gram of sugar?


1 teaspoon US = 4.9289 ml (milliliters). 1 ml of granulated sugar weighs 0.849 grams, so 4.9289 ml * 0.849 grams = 4.1846 grams in 1 teaspoon US


In every country other than the US, a teaspoon = 5 ml. So a teaspoon would contain 4.245 g of granulated sugar.
Guest
 

Re: grams to teaspoons

Postby Dirtman » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:52 am

Anonymous wrote:
Dirtman wrote:
traciet wrote:I want to know how many teaspoons equal a gram of sugar?


1 teaspoon US = 4.9289 ml (milliliters). 1 ml of granulated sugar weighs 0.849 grams, so 4.9289 ml * 0.849 grams = 4.1846 grams in 1 teaspoon US


In every country other than the US, a teaspoon = 5 ml. So a teaspoon would contain 4.245 g of granulated sugar.


In all countries, a metric teaspoon = 5 ml. However, there are at least 2 other countries besides the US that have different teaspoon measures.

A teaspoon UK = 5.9194 ml
A teaspoon Canadian = 4.736 ml

I don't know the histories of different teaspoon measures, but my guess is these (US, UK and Canada) are traditional measures used before the metric system was put into place.

George
Dirtman
Expert
 
Posts: 574
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:04 pm
Location: California

Postby Unsure » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:35 pm

Well, I googled it and it seems 10 teaspoons is 40 grams. So 1 teaspoon should be 4 grams I guess.. I'm not certain about it too. ^^;
Unsure
 

Teaspoons, ML, grams

Postby NYCgal256 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:22 pm

Basically 1 teaspoon = 5ml = 5 grams.... in rounding
NYCgal256
 

Re: Teaspoons to Grams

Postby Miller » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:40 pm

I saw on the news last evening that we are not to have more than 6 teaspoons of sugar a day. How does that figure? If a soda has 29 grams of sugar what does that equal in teaspoons?
Miller
 

Re: Teaspoons to Grams

Postby Sunshine27 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:38 pm

1 Teaspoon = 4.2 (dry) grams of perhaps sugar

Therefore,

1 Gram = a tinge more than 1/4 Teaspoon

Hope this helps...... :)
Sunshine27
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:29 pm


Return to How to convert?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yandex [crawler] and 1 guest

Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions