Lumen watt conversion

You are welcome to suggest new categories, units and conversion calculators to be added to Convert-Me.Com

Moderator: convert-me.com

Lumen watt conversion

Postby Watosh » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:10 pm

Is there a correlation between the watt, (power) and the lumen,(illumination)? It's confusing to try to determinewhich flashlightoffers more light when they're listed in watts and or lumens. :?
Watosh

Re: Lumen watt conversion

Postby sluncho » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:43 am

Every source of light has different ratio lumen/watts (sometimes quoted by manufacturer in their specifications). For incandescent lamp it is approx. 12-14, for halogen could be over 30 but a broad range , for luminescent over 50 for LCD even higher, therefore the Q ?is to define well the source and research about the ratio.
sluncho

Re: Lumen watt conversion

Postby Ashraf » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:51 pm

sluncho wrote:Every source of light has different ratio lumen/watts (sometimes quoted by manufacturer in their specifications). For incandescent lamp it is approx. 12-14, for halogen could be over 30 but a broad range , for luminescent over 50 for LCD even higher, therefore the Q ?is to define well the source and research about the ratio.

I couldn't understand what you mean but do you know if I have a 100 lumens lamp how can I know how much watts are in this 100 lumens lamp
Ashraf

Return to Suggestions