travel miles vs km, plus cost

Try to post your problem here, there is a chance, someone clever will help you.

Moderator: convert-me.com

travel miles vs km, plus cost

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:07 am

hey there all, well here i am stumped: ok i got a 40gal tank, that travels 400miles. but i have to travel 1352 km, gas price is 84.9, so what would be my over all price for the trip

Re: travel miles vs km, plus cost

Postby Dirtman » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:48 pm

Anonymous wrote:hey there all, well here i am stumped: ok i got a 40gal tank, that travels 400miles. but i have to travel 1352 km, gas price is 84.9, so what would be my over all price for the trip

With the cost of a gallon of gas at $0.849 per gallon (unless it's liters?), this must be homework. First, convert to like units. Since this problem is probably in U.S. customary units, convert metric (km) to U.S. (miles):

1352 km = 840 miles

If you go 400 miles on 40 gallons, divide for mpg: 400 miles / 40 gallons = 10 mpg

So: 840 miles / 10 mpg = ? x the cost per gallon
Dirtman
Expert

Postby ludmila » Thu May 14, 2009 12:14 pm

How do I travel from Berlin airport to our hotel? A friend and I will be arriving at Berlin Tegel airport and we will need to get to our hotel: art'otel berlin mitte, by park plaza. I think the address is: Wallstrasse 70-73, Berlin D-10179, Germany. Could anyone advise what our travel options are? Also any tips to make our visit a good one? We already have an idea of things we want to see. Thanks for your help!
Last edited by ludmila on Sun May 17, 2009 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ludmila

Postby Dirtman » Thu May 14, 2009 1:40 pm

ludmila wrote:How do I travel from Berlin airport to our hotel? A friend and I will be arriving at Berlin Tegel airport and we will need to get to our hotel: art'otel berlin mitte, by park plaza. I think the address is: Wallstrasse 70-73, Berlin D-10179, Germany. Could anyone advise what our travel options are? Also any tips to make our visit a good one? We already have an idea of things we want to see. Thanks for your help!

Call the hotel and ask about a shuttle. If no shuttle, a taxi comes to mind. Ask when you disembark the aircraft, someone will point you in the right direction.
Dirtman
Expert

Return to Other math problems