arsenic in drinking water

Don't know how to calculate the area of your garden or circumference of a pond? Ask your question here.

Moderator: convert-me.com

Postby guest » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:20 am

I need to know how 60 parts per billion compares to 10 MUg/L. My legal research and writing class :shock: has me checking the EPA for their regulations on Arsenic :oops: in Drinking water, but comparing the allowable amount to a fictitious amount for a community. I don't have a clue :? on how to compare the two. The fictitious town has 60 ppb in their water. The allowable amount is 10 MUg/L. Can someone explain how to find the answer so I can finish my paper? I promise I'll use proper APA citation to give you the credit!

Postby guest » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:07 am

Thanks for the help-i guess i'll need to find somewhere that really can make these calculations, but my paper is due tonight. I'll be sure to let all my classmates know how much help i got at this site.

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:04 am

The arsenic limit is 10 µg/L. Since 1 L of water weighs almost exactly 1 kg, that is also 10 µg/kg or 10 ppb.

The old limit was 50 µg/L or 50 ppb. The community at 60 ppb is over both old and new limits.

Thank you so much!

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:21 am

I really appreciate the response. I had a classmate figure it out for me first, tho, and the paper is turned in.

I apologize for getting angry with the board, but after I posted the angry response, I realized that the subject of the post sounded a little nuts!

This was research for a legal class, and she's got us jumping thru hoops. I never realized how much math was necessary for a legal degree!

Again, I apologize to the board. Frustration is no excuse. :cry:

Return to Calculating things