Weight of filled 72 gallon fish tank

Disscussing old, rare, very specific or otherwise uncommon units and measurements

Moderator: convert-me.com

fish tank

Postby Itsjustme_B » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:36 am

I have a 72 gallon fish tank and I need to know appx. how much it will weigh after I fill it with water because the stand I have for it only holds 95 pounds and the tank weighs almost 30 with nothing in it! I'm afraid my stand is going to give once I get the water in it :(
Itsjustme_B

Re: fish tank

Postby Dirtman » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:00 am

Itsjustme_B wrote:I have a 72 gallon fish tank and I need to know appx. how much it will weigh after I fill it with water because the stand I have for it only holds 95 pounds and the tank weighs almost 30 with nothing in it! I'm afraid my stand is going to give once I get the water in it :(

At 70º F, water weighs 8.329 pounds per US gallon. 72 gallons at 8.329 = 599.688 lbs plus the tank itself, 630 lbs.

Use a much stronger table or scratch 1 table (with fishtank).
Dirtman
Expert

Postby alex_pokroff » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:48 pm

i Currently have a 55 gallon tanganyika tank set up with one Altolamprologus Compressiceps, 2 orange lelupui, and one Neolamprologus tretocephalus. i was wondering if it would be ok to add 3 Cyprochromis Leptosoma to the tank to give it some upper tank movement. tell me wat u think about the current fish i have now. the tank is well set up with pleanty of caves.... i am also planning to add more fish in the future.
alex_pokroff

Postby undunk » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:01 am

ok im new also so im gonna buy a 20 gallon tank, what kind of light fixture should i have i want it to be like super bright and i want to have plants and tropic fish, like white lights almost so what type of lighting would i get and like how many watts per gallon and oh well im hopeless how does it all work?> lol
undunk

Postby Dordhs » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:26 pm

You have to play around with it and perhaps point it more towards the rocks in order to blow out all the debris and waste. I like a strong current in my tank and I think all my fish enjoy it as well.
Dordhs

Return to Exotic units